Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Ride Home or Why I NEED to Ride My Bike

Riding back was as fun as I thought it would be, and the Haller Trail was more manageable coming the other direction. Luckily, the thunderstorms we had in Olathe calmed down well before I left the office. There was plenty of rain debris (small leaves, dogwood flowers, seed pods) along the trail but nothing too precarious.

Anyhow, to the "Why I NEED to Ride My Bike Part", yeah I'm out of shape. Horribly out of shape, apparently, as I almost hurled when I got home. In fact I couldn't move off of my front porch for about 10 minutes.

Now, part of that is that I shouldn't have tried to ride up the final hill at my home (yeah, I apparently have a final hill whether I'm coming or going), but it's "small" and I wanted to get home 2-3 minutes quicker. In hindsight, it probably would have been better to walk the one-block hill and give my legs some cool down time.

Ah well, it's helping me get in shape.

PS - I didn't ride in today (Tuesday) but I'll ride in tomorrow (Wednesday). I decided killing myself the first week wouldn't be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment